The areas of work in which we have particular expertise, experience and excellence.
News | Wed 1st Feb, 2017
Dianne Kennedy was exposed to carbon monoxide whilst sitting in a London Ambulance Service vehicle as a solo responder. She was rushed to hospital and told she had carbon monoxide poisoning. Mrs Kennedy developed a severe psychological reaction to the exposure, which resulted in her giving up her employment. Her case was that she had developed PTSD and was continuing to suffer severe symptoms which were preventing her from working. The Defendant argued that her illness was unrelated to the accident, and was caused by social factors unrelated to the exposure. After a 4 day trial, HHJ Hughes, sitting as a Deputy High Court Judge, concluded that the Defendant’s neuropsychologist had misrepresented Mrs Kennedy’s medical records and preferred the Claimant’s expert on all the material issues. He awarded the Claimant £280,000.
Click here for media coverage.
Click here to share this shortlist.
(It will expire after 30 days.)